[TR] Radio Constant Power Source

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Wed Mar 25 16:25:47 MST 2009

> I did say kind of.  But they are not as readily available as the 1/4 kind
> which can be had at most any hardware store, Radio Shack and Wal Mart.

Yes, of course.  I was just saying it wasn't hopeless.

>   In some places you can buy just one.

Here's a partial list of places that at least might have them in stock.  Two
of these stores are near me, and they have them:
http://www.philmore-datak.com/stock.html

>   I'll have to check the connector kit I got
> from
> Horrible Freight, it might have on.

The one I peeked at in the store did not.

> Which is true of all the brown wires.  But then, I don't know I would
> design
> a harness with unfused runs like this.

I _know_ I wouldn't!

At least the TR6 makes some sense as they were always very minimalist with
fuses in the TR2-6; more or less in keeping with their position as "cheap"
sports cars.

But the Stag has a dozen fuse holders, some of which aren't even used, and
they still ran that unfused brown wire all over the place, including through
the adjustable steering column and over a sharp edge.

Apparently the feeling was that it was better to have a fire than to chance
having your headlights go out unexpectedly (due to fuse failure).  Having
tried it both ways, I'm not sure they were wrong.

Shame no one told them about fusible links.  Hmm, I wonder, is it possible
that Lucas did not make fusible links?

Randall