[TR] Rear Brake Frozen

Scott Suhring suhringtr36 at comcast.net
Sat Mar 21 18:11:08 MST 2009

I got around to bleeding the brakes on the 59 TR3 today with the help of a
friend. After getting all air out, we tested the brakes and all were fine
except the right rear brake is frozen up. You cannot move the drum. I tried
backing off the adjuster but this did no good. Any thoughts on what could
cause this and the best way to go about correcting it.  I tried a rubber
mallet, but this did not "free" the shoes. I tried pulling the drum off, but
it does not move. I have not gotten aggressive such as using a drift on the
back lip of the drum. Everything is new and rebuilt.  TIA

Scott Suhring
Mechanicsburg, PA
'70 TR6
'59 TR3