[TR] TR3A front suspension geometry

DLylis at aol.com DLylis at aol.com
Thu Mar 19 15:58:00 MST 2009

I came across the following article from Classic Motorsports
_http://classicmotorsports.net/articles/turn-triumph-turn/_
(http://classicmotorsports.net/articles/turn-triumph-turn/) .

This interests me as my TR has the capability of cruising at highway speeds
with the new cam and OD and its apparent love of 3000 - 4000 rpms.  (4.10
differential). With zero caster and a -hair of camber one might want to pay very
close attention while cruising.
I am running 185 HR 15 Vredesteins and I can't help but think that these
improvements that Tim Suddard suggests will make highway trips more  comfortable.

Switching to TR6 upper arms and ball joint confuses me a bit though.   If you
use the TR6 setup and shim the ball joint to the rear as is suggested for
positive caster, won't you cause binding in the upper fulchrum pin to upper arm
joint?  It would seem to me that you would need to machine of  some of  the
rear of the ball joint upper block where it connects to the upper arms  and
then shim the forward area to move the axis of the ball joint to the rear  and
therefore tip the vertical link to the rear resulting in positive  caster.
Simply shimming would spread the upper arms apart more than is  stock, and that
does not seem like a good thing.
Am I missing something?

David  Lylis
69 TR6 CC26160L