[TR] Rear Shock mount details--TR4A ~ 6

Bob Danielson 75TR6 at tr6.danielsonfamily.org
Thu Mar 19 13:23:11 MST 2009

Jim,
 First off........nice job with Master's harness. I wish I had thought of
that cable wrap that you used. Very slick.

As to the shock issue, I assume you're referring to the Blind Moose or BPNW
conversion that utilizes the stock lever shock mount and can crack that
mount over time. This was recently discussed at length in the 6-Pack Forum
after one member experienced the failure. I had just ordered the Blind Moose
conversion which was originally developed by Herman Van Den Akker of 5 speed
Toyota conversion fame. I ended up having a long phone call with Herman who
has seen the failure but only in cars that HAD NOT added the reinforcing
bracket. It's a pretty simple fix that I documented here:
http://tr6.danielsonfamily.org/BlindMoose.htm I don't think anyone puts more
miles on a Triumph than Herman and Helena do and his mounts have held up
fine with the brace.

Bob Danielson
1975 TR6 CF38503U
Running w/ Throttle Body Injection