[TR] Rear Shock mount details--TR4A ~ 6

Jim Bauder jimbpps at cox.net
Thu Mar 19 11:19:51 MST 2009

I am replacing the tubular shock mounts on my TR250. I want to avoid the
possibility of frame cracks as reported by the FOT recently. However, as I
removed the stock Armstrong Lever Shocks 3 or 4 years ago, I have forgotten
exactly how they were mounted to the chassis.

The parts book shows that the bolts use only a 'special' flat washer. They are
available from Moss and I purchased a set. They appear to be a smaller than
standard diameter hardened flat washer. In the past I have usually used lock
washers in this type of application.

Do any of you folks on the list have any strong opinions on what is best for
mounting these lever arm shocks?

Thanks in advance,

Jim
Jim Bauder