[TR] Bulkhead Sealer Plate Fasteners

tom white tswhitez123 at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 15 06:41:40 MST 2009

There is a sheet metal device known as "Threadserts" you can use to establish
new nuts for the bulkhead plates.  Threadserts are aluminum tubes with
thrteads on half of the inside.  You place them into a drilled hole and a
little lip at the top end catches the sheet metal.  Then you screw a bolt into
them throud an over sized nut and thightem the bolt.  That tightening
collapses the thread section into the top of the threadsert and ceases it to
the sheet metal.  You can find them at industrial hardware stores and maybe at
local consumer hardware stores.

Best regards,
Tom