[TR] Bulkhead Sealer Plate Fasteners

terryrs at comcast.net terryrs at comcast.net
Sat Mar 14 15:01:56 MST 2009

Went to install the bulkhead sealer plates behind the wheels of the TR3A.B
The body guy must have filledB in any holes, and any cage nuts also long
gone.B

I thought I would drill holes through the plates and the lip on the bulkhead
where appropriate, but I can't use a regular bolt and nut system because
there's no room to get behind the plate to put the nut on.B  So I wondered
which alternative type fastener to get.B  The butterfly (drywall) type would
have to be small to fit throug the hole.B  A sheet metal hex bolt could work
and is where I'm leaning.B  Also could get one of those plastic inserts for
the hole and thread a screw into that to hold the two together.

Any thoughts?

Terry Smith, '59 TR3A

New Hampshire