[TR] A Type OD Notched Drain Plug Tool

terryrs at comcast.net terryrs at comcast.net
Fri Mar 13 16:32:43 MST 2009

I've avoided draining the OD oil, cleaning the filter, and replacing with new oil.

So...the notched OD drain plug requires a special tool.  I don't want to have to fabricate something if these are available relatively inexpensively anywhere.  Just don't see one in the Moss catalog.  ...Or, is there a generic workaround using some common tool device that won't bugger up the brass plug?  It's over $80 to replace, which would make it a (money) drain plug.

Heh heh.

Oh, by the way, how do you clean the filter.  Gas okay?

Terry Smith, '59 TR3A

New Hampshire