[TR] Leaf Spring Front Attachment Pins

MMoore8425 at aol.com MMoore8425 at aol.com
Tue Mar 10 12:54:06 MST 2009

In a message dated 3/10/2009 11:18:04 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
tr3driver at ca.rr.com writes:

I've  also been told by a ex-dealer mechanic that they used to just cut a
hole in  the bodywork so they could pound on the outer end of the pin.
Afterwards,  they just stuck a chromed plug in the hole and left it that way!

--  Randall

When you remove the "slipper shaped" portion of the gravel shield, and
drilla hole abutinthe center of that, you can use a fairly large diameter   punch
(it has to be large so as not to expand the bottom of the bolt) and strike  it
with a sledge hammer. I think I even use a piece of 2x10 with a hole drilled
in it to protect the body should I miss.

I did not weld up the hole, and I did not use a plug. The slipper piece
covers it  up just fine.
Mike Moore
59TR3A