[TR] Leaf Spring Front Attachment Pins

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Tue Mar 10 11:17:39 MST 2009

> Mine came out using a jury-rigged puller that engaged with the threaded
> hole
> in the pin.  But that was a California car, and a long time ago, so YMMV.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention : If the spring isn't loose on the pin (mine
were), you should probably start by cutting through the end of the spring
bushing and the pin, between the spring and the frame.  That doesn't appear
to be an issue for Bill (the OP), so this is just a suggestion for others
that may read the archives.

I've also been told by a ex-dealer mechanic that they used to just cut a
hole in the bodywork so they could pound on the outer end of the pin.
Afterwards, they just stuck a chromed plug in the hole and left it that way!

-- Randall