[TR] MPG for TR2, TR3 & TR4

dorpaul dorpaul at bellsouth.net
Sun Mar 8 19:29:43 MST 2009

I just watched a Youtube Video about the TR2-4 at:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m81nKj2Ii7c&feature=related

It stated that the gas milage for both TR2-3's were 34 mpg; while it was 24 mpg for the TR4.  I'm guessing that some of the decrease in mpg were due to the change of SU to Stromberg carbuerators.  I'm also guessing that 'primitive legaleese' cut back on boasting from 34 mpg to a more actual figure of 24 mpg.  Are my guesses pretty true?  Is there something I forgot to account for?

I think someone on the list told me they got 36 mpg on their TR3!  I forgot who it was, and I will promise to keep it a secret if they tell me again.  I think they stated that they didn't want to be continually questioned as to their methods or boastings, etc.

Thanks, Paul Dorsey   60 TR3