[TR] two questions

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Sun Mar 8 15:39:46 MST 2009

> 1.  Is there any value to this particular radio ?

Can't help there, except that they seem fairly common.  They weren't
actually made by Triumph; but rather by some radio company (like Motorola)
under license to Triumph and supplied to US dealers for installation.

> 2.  Can anyone suggest how I might go about reconditioning it ?

If you can get me the model number off the bottom, I might have electronic
service information for it.

You can even have your knobs & faceplate fitted with modern electronics (but
its not cheap):
http://www.radiosforoldcars.com/newradio0F.htm

Lots of books and information on restoring old car radios, check your local
library or Amazon.  Or there are several places around that will do it for
you.
http://www.joesclassiccarradio.com/

NFI, these are just examples I Googled.

Randall