[TR] On such a vernal day

Jim Muller jimmuller at rcn.com
Sun Mar 8 12:41:24 MST 2009

Happy DST day.  I wonder why we call it daylight "saving" time, for
today I awoke to find that I was already running an hour late, not
having saved anything but lost an hour.

On the other hand, today's temperatures being so vernal, I took to
the garage and have successfully mated the GT6 gearbox up to the
block.  I am therefore rewarding myself with a glass of Dogfish Head
IPA over lunch.  (Ohmigosh, it's three thirty already, where did the
time go?)  The choice was to go motoring about topdown in the
Spitfire or to mess about with tools in the garage.  Tools may not be
boats, but messing about with them has its own peculiar rewards.

Next year though I shall ignore the most heinous component of the DST
switchover and not bother to re-adjust all our clocks until after I
have awakened naturally in the morning.

--
Jim Muller
jimmuller at rcn.com