[TR] UK soft top supplier

John Macartney standardtriumph at btinternet.com
Sun Mar 8 15:14:21 MST 2009

I was at Triumph Spares Day today and it was rather an anti-climax. Lots of people looking but it
didn't appear as though too many were buying - and some great cars for sale, too. Are some
cash-strapped enthusiasts being forced to sell their family silver? Near concours TR's are still
being offered at ludicrously high prices though I have to say that a very tatty ex-California car
that had just arrived back in the UK and offered at approx US$9,500 was stretching anyone's
credibility. In summary, a fairly dull show.
Apologies for bombing everyone but there's a supplier name on the tip of my tongue - but who it is,
I can't remember. From time to time, many have mentioned a UK soft top supplier and spoken highly of
prices, quality etc etc. Was having a long talk with a guy restoring a TS2000 series (short door
TR2) who is after a vinyl top with one rear window. I'm not conversant with the names of too many TR
trim suppliers and am turning to you all for your thoughts. Anyone got any ideas?

Cheers - and thanks
Jonmac