[TR] TR3 Movie Sighting

William Brewer wsb1960tr3a at att.net
Fri Mar 6 16:56:35 MST 2009

     My wife made me watch a romantic comedy on her birthday. It was "A Guide for the Married Man" with Walter Matthau. I put a smile on my face and an arm around my wife for this corny 60's movie. Anyway, at the beginning of the movie there is an aerial shot of a blue TR3 with hood up going through the intersection. Later, it show a guy cheating on his wife and using an MG TF as his car. Another scene had a Morris Minor convertible and yet another had a red Sunbeam Alpine in the background. The movie was about male mid-life crisis. I was contemplating whether the Brit cars were included in the movie because they represent male freedom or whether the movie was just filmed in SoCal where there just happened to be a lot of LBC's in the background.

     Bill in Tehachapi