[TR] Triumphest/VTR info

Andrew Mace zoboherald at aol.com
Tue Mar 3 13:40:13 MST 2009

-----Original Message-----
From: TR250Driver at aol.com

Hey Andy,
Technically you are correct. I have never seen the chrome air  cleaners, the
only period alloy valve cover is the factory optional TR3 one  that is way
cool and allowed but if there were more and it can be  documented as period then

I would be OK with it.  I have an Amco grille  guard on my Showroom Stock TR3B
along with those really hard to find little  Amco rear bumper add on's that
wrap around the rear wings, remember those?

==AM==
Loved those guards...sorta like nerf bars!

Oh, and notwithstanding Brad's and my sidebar on chromed original early TR4 AC air cleaners, I
was alluding more to aftermarket ones (like the ones with "SU" on them) rather than a chromed
factory air cleaner.
==AM==

BTW, with another club I was once told that if I presented my TR4 with  those
American Racing Silverstone Mags on it in Concours one more time it  would be
judged like it had no wheels on it at all.  No Kidding another  participant
was whining about it big time!  What did I do?  I  documented those wheels as
period equipment and got the club to change their  rules.  That process is
certainly available to any VTR member.

==AM==
Glad you were able to straighten out that other club! I'm surprised that anyone would have
been unaware of the availability of the Silverstones!
==AM==

Just for clarity you are partly correct, however starting with  the NATC in
Texas we are now allowing stainless steel exhaust systems.  I  changed this in
part due to popular demand but primarily since some models no  longer have
mild steel systems available anywhere. Sort of like the tire size  rules.  BTW
this rule was not reinterpreted during my watch.   It was that way since I
started judging in the 1990 NATC in Boulder, CO.  so I would dispute the "recent
years claim." I even suffered this  deduction on my TR6 in Cincinnati, I forget
the year but it was way  back.  What did I do?  I changed back to mild steel.
I guess  that doesn't get me anything now, Huh?

==AM==
I happened across the statement in an issue of TVT; don't remember which one, but it was just
pre-number 100...so maybe four years ago?
==AM==

--Andy  Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so  much of a jet, it's more your, er, Triumph Herald engine with  wings.
 -- Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus  (22)

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6) and Triumph Herald Database: http://triumph-herald.us