[TR] TR3A cooling, more

David Lylis dlylis at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 16:05:40 MDT 2009

Brian,
#1 Yes
#2 Yes to plugs.  I have leaned up the mixture a bit as the idle was "brap,
brap ,brap" and now it runs even at idle.
#3 Gotta love the Dizzy with the 'micrometer' setting.  I retarded my timing
until the pinging just went away.
The motor is rebuild last November and completely cleaned out with new
sleeves, etc.  Rad recored with 'modern' core.  No crank hole.
If you are not in FL you have to come down here to see what world class
sweating is all about.  My pool is 93 degrees.  14,000 gallons of water!
If I park my car in the sun the temp gauge already reads 120 degrees from
cold.  Not a word of a lie; I have to wear a glove to open the bonnet and
hold it until I can get the prop rod in place.
I made a 'spoiler' this afternoon and am now waiting on the paint to dry.
BTW I have a 4.10 diff in this car.
Thanks
David