[TR] TR3A cooling, more

Brian Jones tr4zest at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 15:21:08 MDT 2009

David, when running at 80 mph (my guesstimate on 3200 rpm, 4th gear, with
22% overdrive) it isn't really surprising that you are getting warmth, if
anything is off.

   - Are you using the best fuel available (92 or 93 octane)?
   - Are your plugs dusty beige/grey? Check richness settings. Lean is not
   good, it creates heat in the engine.
   - How well set is your timing? This could be a source of warmth too, if
   off.

Do install a full shroud to the rad. Air and water work in partnership to
cool your engine. Why cool the car's horns and your washer bottle with an 80
mph breeze when you could direct that airflow through the rad?

Last: did you backflush the rad and block?

Hope this helps,

Brian