[TR] Fuel Pump

wbeech at flash.net wbeech at flash.net
Thu Jun 18 11:59:31 MDT 2009

Let's see... Your in a very small car, inches from the ground, 4-14 gallons
of fuel 12" behind you in the same cockpit.  Where do you put the valve?  I
do have the original valve next to the fuel pump, but it would depend on the
accident conditions as to whether you could get to it or not.

Just getting into a sidescreen is pretty dicey in itself, I suppose you
could transfer the technology from a new car to incorporate a shut-off
system but there seems to be so many other safety factors that would be
going against you that the benefit might be minimal.  For my money, the best
and only device I have and use is a seatbelt.

Bill Beecher
'58 TR-3A TS/30766 L (On the road in 2009!)
'59 TR-3A TS/64974 LO (in buckets, for sale... anyone?)