[TR] Fuel Pump

Roger Wilson rjwilson1250 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 10:30:22 MDT 2009

I am going to be replacing the mechanical fuel pump on my TR3 this weekend.

>From what I can tell, the pump is gravity fed and lower than the gas tank
and that I will need to drain the tank first. I think that I have seen
shut-offs at the frame below the pump on some 3's, but either it was removed
by a PO or it was never there. I have a TR4 engine and it may have been
removed with the switch.

Does anyone have any advice on how to do it without draining the tank? I
have my Craftsman 1/4" drive socket setup ready to go.

Thanks,
Roger Wilson
'60 TR3

database 4168 (20090618) __________