[TR] TR4 Slave Cylinder Stay Rod

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Wed Jun 17 22:15:59 MDT 2009

> Were there ever 3 ribs???

I guess it depends on what you count as a "rib".  I just looked at an early
Stag box (which I believe is the same casting as the late TR6 box I had on
the TR3A) and it has maybe a dozen things I would call "ribs", though some
of them aren't very long.

And the flange definitely got thicker (or rather was built up in specific
places) because I had to put longer studs in the back of the TR3 engine
block to make the TR6 box fit.  I have examples of at least 3 different
thicknesses in 4-synchro housings (including a TR4 box with the thin flange
broken almost entirely away).

Randall