[TR] New soft top

Nicholls, Craig CNicholls at geico.com
Thu Jun 11 06:44:02 MDT 2009

List,

Well, I finally gave up being able to post to the list on my Verizon
account.  All my emails to the list end up posting on the site as blank,
with none of my note intact.  The issue with posting is not limited to
AOL email folks, it is impacting others.  I sent 2 emails to the
webmaster but never received a response.

My question, I finally caught the fantastic soft top that TRF is selling
for the TR6 HP2220 at:
http://www.zeni.net/trf/specials6.16/18.php?s_wt=1680&s_ht=1050 .  With
a recent sale, discount and $50 back from Charles I was able to get it
for $500.  My plan is to have the soft top installed next winter.  I
contacted TRF and ask what would be the best way to store the top until
the end of the year and their response was "I would not keep it in the
box so the plastic windows don't get a permanent crease".  No kidding.
Currently, I have the top laid out like it would be if you were ready to
fold it down.  I left the tissue paper in between all the plastic window
parts, and the window parts are all flat.

Does the list think this will be ok, or do you think I should build
something to lay it on so that it sits in the shape it would be when
installed?

Any advice is appreciated.

Craig H. Nicholls

Vienna, VA