[TR] valve spring removal

Todd Richmond twr at frii.com
Mon Jun 8 20:12:54 MDT 2009

Thanks Randall.  Is there somewhere I can look up how
many pounds pressure relates to how much compression
movement?

>PS, I assume you know that the triple springs belong
>on the exhaust along with the pedestals; and that most
>replacement sets only have two springs per valve.

Yes.  I actually said that backwards (3 exhaust valves
had the 3 springs, but one set was backwards).  In any
case, it's a sure sign that the engine has been mucked
with before. :)

Todd Richmond
Fort Collins, Colorado
1959 TR3A TS54425L