[TR] valve spring removal

Todd Richmond twr at frii.com
Mon Jun 8 12:39:10 MDT 2009

Thanks to everyone who helped me get my valve springs off and my stuck
valve
removed.  I'll be taking the head to the shop tomorrow.

My next question is in regard to the valve springs themselves.  They
look okay,
but how can you tell if they need to be replaced?  I don't really know
the history
of the car, but it is obvious that the engine has been rebuilt at least
once (by
virtue of the fact that the intake valves for cylinders 1-3 had 3
springs each,
and 2 spring each for the exhaust valves, while for cylinder 4 the
opposite was
true!).

Todd Richmond
Fort Collins, Colorado