[TR] Twisted Windscreen Stanchion

Michael Lang mlang99 at comcast.net
Sun Jun 7 20:14:05 MDT 2009

I pulled it apart again and carefully examined all of the pieces. The
stanchion plate on the drivers side was interfering with the notched
clearance area that it is supposed to nest in. This pivoted the front of
the stanchion out. I filed a couple of the holes in the plate a little
oblong and now it's much better. It still sticks out a little but not so
much that I am afraid of breaking the windscreen.

When looking at the height difference from left to right, I also wonder
if this isn't just part of being a coach works built body.

There sure is a lot of opportunities for leaks in the sandwich of
stanchion, stanchion pate, and windscreen frame. I am tempted to put a
thin bead of silicone sealer in there to seal them up. I guess that's
what I get for living in Oregon.

Thanks,

Mike