[TR] Twisted Windscreen Stanchion

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Sun Jun 7 18:36:51 MDT 2009

> I installed the windscreen on my TR3 for the first time
> today. The front end of the drivers side stanchion sticks out
> about 1/4 to 3/8 of an inch from the mount.

Mine have pretty much all been like that; on the project TR3 they stick out
on both sides.  I haven't worried about it; and so far the only windshield
that ever broke for me was on the car where I didn't install the buffer at
the rear view mirror.

Sorry, can't help with the other problem.  Mine seem fairly even, but I've
never bothered to measure.  I figure the reason for that great big rubber
gasket is because there was a lot of variation in scuttle shape even when
new.

Randall