[TR] Useful info...penetrating oils and their effectiveness

Nolan opposumking at verizon.net
Tue Jun 2 03:42:48 MDT 2009

The atf and acetone mixture seperates quickly.  To make it work, you've got
to constantly shake the applicator bottle.  Its effectiveness was not at all
remarkable in my experience.

I've wondered which Liquid Wrench was used, as there are several
formulations.  I've been very pleased with the "with Teflon" version.  It's
every bit as good as Kano's Silikroil.  It's top claim to fame, imo, is the
ability to keep a broken free nut or bolt spinning.  Many others, like PB
Blaster, will do nothing once the fitting is broken free, letting it rejam
with the rust in the threads.  Silikroil, Liquid Wrench with Teflon, and a
few others do a good job of keeping the parts moving freely once they are
broken free.