[TR] TR-4A Shoulder beltw

dbyam tds.net dbyam at tds.net
Wed Jul 29 13:22:22 MDT 2009

This topic has been covered in detail in previous posts. I did convert my
TR-4A to a shoulder belt setup. I selected a spot at the top of the wheel
arch by measuring the mounting on a TR-250. I drilled a hole for the bolt
and then used the bolt to pull up a 10 ga. doubler that I had pounded out.
All the upholstery was out of the car so it was easy to weld skip weld the
edges of the doubler to the wheel arch.

My car had a factory mounting nut at the lower end of the B post for
mounting the factory seat belt. I used this fitting to mount my Reel. The
belt is a little tight on the top of the shoulder but I've managed to live
with it for 10M plus miles. It doesn't seem to interfere with the lowered
top.

Good luck with your installation!

Doug Byam