[TR] Carb O-ring Question????

Harrymague at aol.com Harrymague at aol.com
Tue Jul 28 11:23:52 MDT 2009

Started preping my car for the Dayton BCD and the rear carb has  always
lost the damper oil.  So I took it apart.  This is not the  first time I have
taken this carb apart to get to that little O-ring.  Well  going thru my
parts, I couldn't find a replacement for it.  So I went to  the several spare
carbs I have, open one of them up to look at the O-ring.   What I found
surprised me.  The O-rings in the old carbs were square, but  the replacement in
the carb on my car was round (the profile of the  o-ring).  All the companies
list this o-ring, but I am curious as the  proper application.  The orginal
part number is listed as:   RTC165.  Any bodies toughts would be helpful.

Harry Mague
74TR6

Steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1222377107x1201454434/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=62&bcd=Jul