[TR] There's always something......

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Sun Jul 26 09:14:39 MDT 2009

> My understanding was that this is caused by a vibration within the
caliper.
> Any suggestions for how to deal with it?  Thanks !

As mentioned, a thin pad of aluminum between the pad & piston seems to work
well.  I found some general-purpose ones at my FLAPS, that have an adhesive
back and cut to shape with scissors.  In the Help! Section, I might have the
package somewhere if you need a part number.

Other things that might help are resurfacing the rotors with something like
this
http://tinyurl.com/nlnpnz
or putting a bevel on the leading edge of the pads

Of course, I assume you've already tried replacing the pad hold-down
springs.

Randall