[TR] There's always something......

Jerry Van Vlack jerryvv at roadrunner.com
Sun Jul 26 08:00:52 MDT 2009

Don't know what model you have from your posting.
The squeal typicaly comes from the interface between the back of the pad and
the caliper piston. You need to place something between those surfaces to
eliminate the squeal. The shims Irv mentions are made from a very thin piece
of aluminum and work well. They are held in place by the pad pins. If you
have a TR4 thru 6 they should work for you. I don't know much about the
Spitfires but assume that as new they were fit with that same aluminum
piece. Look thru your parts cataloges and you should find them.
I've used the goo as well but it didn't work as well as the aluminum shims
for me.

JVV