[TR] TR3 sighting on Masterpiece Theater

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Mon Jul 20 10:47:21 MDT 2009

> I would be intrigued to know what exactly
> "blown off by two pretty girls" means  on the western side of the pond?

The addition of the word "off" changes the meaning entirely.
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=blown+off

I'm not certain, but this phrase may have originated from an automotive
phrase : "to get one's doors blown off" means to be passed at a high rate of
speed, during a speed contest (implying so fast that the suction pulls the
doors off).  Meaning of course that the car/driver getting "blown off" was
never a serious contender.

-- Randall