[TR] Forming plexi

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Thu Jul 16 11:33:28 MDT 2009

pethier at comcast.net wrote :
> I would not go near a piece of plexi with a heat gun unless I was
> trying to form it.

Since you've raised the topic, what is the easiest way for a total novice to
go about putting some mild bends in some 3/16" Plexiglas?  I've got some old
AMCO wind deflectors for my project TR3, but the plexi is broken on one
side.  The original had a gentle S-curve to fit around the car body better,
which I would like to duplicate for a replacement piece.

Is a heat gun the way to go?  Are we talking hair dryer or heat shrink
tubing gun?

-- Randall