[TR] Newbie

Joe Curry spitlist at cox.net
Thu Jul 9 08:55:15 MDT 2009

Steve,
Often corrosion is all that keeps the piston from sliding out once the
pushrod is removed.  I have found that the best way to get a stuck piston
out is to bang it gingerly on a block of wood until the piston comes all the
way to the front of the bore.  Then angle the master a bit and bang the
thing on the wood so that only the edge contacts the surface, allowing the
piston to come clear of the body.

The wood will not damage the aluminum body.

Joe