[TR] Waking Up TR6

terryrs at comcast.net terryrs at comcast.net
Thu Jul 9 07:34:06 MDT 2009

>I am waking up a TR6 that has been parked in a garage for over 20 years. The
engine starts and the car drives and stops now. My question is about >the IRS.
I topped up the diff. I don't see any zerks on the half shafts. BeforeI get
too wild on the road, what do I need to do?

Bill, I know you already know this, but to echo Scott's theme about belts and
rubber, my biggest worry would be brakes.B  I know you said the car stops
now.B  I'm worried the wheel cylinders are crudded up and could let you down
on the road, or that there might be inside out corrosion in the brakelines
that could cause a rupture during an energetic braking, when you need it most.

Terry Smith, '59 TR3A

New Hampshire (in New Orleans for the next 5 days)