[TR] TR4 fuel issue

Mike Katona mjkatona at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 14:20:33 MDT 2009

I am having a fuel issue with my 64 TR4 and can't seem to work it out.
 Any help would be appreciated.
After a recent tuneup and Petronix Ignitor install the car is running
wonderful until you start up a grade.  At that point the car sputters
and will eventually stop or almost stop.  It acts as if it is running
out of fuel. As soon as you reverse direction the car runs good.
The mechanical fuel pump was replaced last year.  I have drained the
tank and blown air through the fuel line (from the tank end) after
disconnecting it from the fuel pump,  I have replaced all hoses and
made sure that they are tight.  None of this has helped.
A mechanic friend suggests that I install an inline electric fuel pump.
Any thoughts?
Thanks in advance.
Mike
--
retired, photographer, mule rider, lover of life