[TR] The time has come... TR3 back from Body Shop

Bob yellowtr at adelphia.net
Sun Jul 5 05:57:45 MDT 2009

On Saturday 04 July 2009 11:42:46 pm Carl TR wrote:
> Weather didn't cooperate - raining most of last week so some of the
> sandblasting was not completed.
> Hopefully by mid-week it will be done.
>
> In the meantime, I am looking into getting a HVLP setup to do the next step
> at home.   Any advice on what and where to purchase.
> Looking through Harbor Freight - it appears that there are 4 different
> systems available.
> 1) Canister/Gun combo unit.
> 2) Gravity Feed - 2 gun package with both 1.4 & 1.8 nozzles
> 3) 2 different types of Gun with separate Canister.
>
> Priced low to high (1 to 3b)
>
> I may not necessarily go with HF - just was one place to start looking.
>
> Any suggestions?
> Thanks
> Carl

Carl,

You can get a lot of cheap tools at HF and I have done that in the past but a
spray gun is not where I would try to save a few bucks. The quality of the
finish is where others will notice your work.

I have used a few of their guns in the past and you really cant compare the
results with a quality gun.

I would take a look at Eastwood or Tcpglobal. If you want to get the best
results and you plan to do more than one car, invest in quality. Paint these
days is real expensive.

Just my opinion.

Bob