[TR] It might be possible, but....

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Sat Jan 31 09:11:08 MST 2009

> First, was your column the adjustable type?

Nope, fixed type.  Shouldn't affect the problem, as I believe the lower
column was identical, on cars with the split column.

> I'm trying to
> figure out why your box was behind the radiator.

I'll have to double-check, I may have misremembered that part.  But at the
very least, it is already between the side of the radiator and the inner
fender, so shouldn't be a tight fit there.

> Second, you had mention that it wasn't necessary to jack the
> engine much.
> How much would you say you had it jacked off the left side mount?

Actually, what I did was to take both mounts loose, and both raise it and
move it to the right a bit.  It was only my theory that I didn't need to
move it that far.  But the critical point is that the engine front plate (at
the edge of the timing cover) has to move far enough away from the upper
steering bracket to allow the tube to slip between them.

Randall