[TR] It might be possible, but....

MMoore8425 at aol.com MMoore8425 at aol.com
Fri Jan 30 08:31:11 MST 2009

In a message dated 1/30/2009 7:23:08 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
jrherrera90 at hotmail.com writes:

My point  is that it is easier to remove the front apron than to wrestle that
unit  out with it still in place.

John H.

John,
I have owned my TR since 1964 (I paid $400 for it from my boss).
I can't begin to count how many times I have had the apron off. I've always
done my own work, but I remember I used to see TR3s at the dealership in
Glendale with the apron tilter forward but not removed. I think they just left a
bottom bolt on each side. I've never tried that, but guys trying to make a
living as a mechanic tend to find fast ways to do things.
I also can't imagine having a TR3 without becoming skilled at removing  the
apron. There are just too many things there that are much easier to R&R  with
the apron off-such as the radiator.

Mike Moore
59 TR3