[TR] emission standards?

Bob Danielson 75TR6 at tr6.danielsonfamily.org
Thu Jan 29 07:02:17 MST 2009

John,
As we looked at areas to retire to (think warmer climate) I also checked the
various state's DMV rules with regard to registering classic cars. My car
came with emissions equipment which is now long gone but the irony is that
my car runs cleaner with TBI then it ever did with the stock emissions
stuff.....I actually had it tested last year. What I found is that the half
dozen southeastern states that I looked at are all over the place on
registering classic cars and emissions. One state even varied by county.
Some states require no testing for cars over "X" years of age, with "X"
being a variable based on state. Some states required that the original
emissions stuff be on the car even though they don't test emissions on old
cars. So not only don't we have a Historic Vehicle Club to lobby for us but
we don't even have consistent standards across the states.

Bob Danielson
1975 TR6 CF38503U
Running w/ Throttle Body Injection
Toyota 5 Speed & Nissan LSD