[TR] emission standards?

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Wed Jan 28 19:13:47 MST 2009

> The literal Latin translation of ex post facto is "After the Fact", which
> means in legal terms that no laws can be written to make something illegal
> after the fact.

Right.  The fact in this case being driving the car.  However they can
certainly make driving it illegal before you drive it; without violating the
ban on ex post facto laws.  (Article I Section 9 of the US Constitution)

> Their main points are very
> hollow when you get down to brass tacks because most of the older cars
> fall into two categories, Junkers and collectors.

My point was simply that if we don't pay attention, and squawk loudly when
necessary, we will be easy targets for any politician trying to score
brownie points with the "green" crowd.

Or as someone once said, the price of freedom is constant vigilance.

Randall