[TR] 2000 Moss Catalog

John Macartney standardtriumph at btinternet.com
Wed Jan 28 01:32:38 MST 2009

Greg Gelhar wrote:
> I believe there is a collector out there for most anything ever made.

I'll second that! About two years ago I opened a book and found a strange bookmarker inside. It was
a single sheet of paper (approx 6"x4") and was nothing more than a temporary bus timetable for a
three month period in 1932 in a remote corner of south-west England. I nearly threw it out and then
remembered my son telling me he had seen someone selling a sachet of McDonalds tomato ketchup on
eBay for a sum I now forget. Thinking again, it occurred to me that maybe someone might want the
timetable, so I put it on ebay as well for a week. No bids at all until the last five minutes of the
auction. Couldn't believe my eyes when the sale closed and I was about US$55 better off than I had
been ten minutes earlier. That little exercise made me an eBay convert - there's always someone
who'll pay good money for (almost) anything and I'm happy to relieve them of their funds :)

Jonmac