[TR] Radiator Paint - little LBC

Geo Hahn ahwahnee18 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 14:16:41 MST 2009

Something is amiss, maybe it's me as I have seen only one post in the
past 12 hours... so my apologies if this has already been mentioned:

I do not think the issue is heat tolerance (200F isn't all that hot)
but rather a paint that does not build thick and thus insulate the rad
which must be able to disipate heat.

I would imagine that a paint specifically for radiators would go on
quite thin.  I think I have seen in hobby shops a black paint used by
guys with little brass locomotives that is real thin (to preserve
small details in the casting).  It is almost like ink.  Thin, very
black and dries almost instantly -- like the ink of a black marker.
That might be a local alternative.

Geo