[TR] Bleeding new Brake lines

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Sun Jan 25 19:17:53 MST 2009

> Do I need to recruit my
> wife and have her depress the brake pedal with her hands (no
> seats installed yet) as discussed recently?

My suggestion would be to temporarily install something, even if it's only a
milk crate.  It's awkward and unpleasant to have to reach under there with
your hands.

However, as I've never had any luck using the Mityvac method either, I would
suggest getting help to bleed the brakes the old-fashioned way.

Also, if you did not fill the master cylinders with fluid beforehand, you
may need to loosen the outlet fitting until you get some fluif worked
through them.

> I have not tried the clutch yet.

For the clutch, I have always been able to work the air out while sitting in
the driver's seat.  Pump the pedal as high as you can get it, then hold it
to the floor for a count of ten, and release it.  Wait a few seconds, then
try again.  Two or three cycles of this has always been enough for me
(assuming the MC was filled as above).

And do something nice for your XYL afterwards, like hang that plant or
whatever.  Dinner out wouldn't hurt either.

Randall