[TR] My TR6 Hit Last Wednesday

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Sun Jan 25 17:16:22 MST 2009

> The car will now have an official
> "blemish" on Carfax.

Really?  Last time I checked, they couldn't even handle a Triumph commission
number, only a 17 digit VIN.

Sorry to hear about your car, Marty.  The insurance company has a legal
obligation to "make you whole", which should mean that they pay to fix the
car as good as it was before.  I doubt they are going to cover a drop in
value due to a repaired accident unless you can make a very good case as to
exactly how much the drop is (ie a professional appraisal before and after).

One other thing, be sure to have the frame checked for straightness.
Frequently even a substantial 'tweak' is not obvious until you start making
measurements.  If it is distorted, you could probably make a case that it
should be replaced.  Of course, there is always the risk that they may total
the car instead ...

Randall