[TR] lightening flywheel

pethier at comcast.net pethier at comcast.net
Fri Jan 23 07:22:45 MST 2009

----- "wbeech" <wbeech at flash.net> wrote:>
> The way the machine shop explained it to me, balance them separately
> then
> you don't have to pull the flywheel when you replace a clutch.  It
> made
> perfect sense, so that is what I did when we re-built the original
> TR3
> engine for the car last year.

Exactly my take on it.  Balancing it all of a piece without having balanced the flywheel separately would be a mistake, IMHO.

1962 Triumph TR4 CT2846L   1979 Caterham 7
1993 Suburban  1994 Miata C-package  2007 Saturn Ion 3 2.4
pethier [at] comcast [dot] net
http://forum.mnautox.com/forums   http://www.flickr.com/photos/pethier