[TR] Aluminum Oil galley plugs

Randy&Val DeRuiter deruiterville at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 22 10:26:02 MST 2009

Bob-

I can't help with the thread pitch, but for my TR3 I could still purchase the
aluminum plugs from TRF (stick of 3 plugs) at a reasonable price (guessing
~$3-$4 dollars just last month).

Randy> I received my block back from the machine shop. Seems in cleaning dip
has> pretty much eaten up the aluminum plugs on the oil galley. Am I correct
that> the threads are pipe thread and a iron or brass plug will work as well
as> the aluminum?> Any thought as to why they used alumina plugs in a cast
iron block ?> > Thanks> > Bob Nogueira