[TR] 1971 TR6 Cooling

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Tue Jan 20 16:07:43 MST 2009

> Sad fact is the temperature gauge itself never was of the highest
> quality

Just to emphasize Jonmac's point, I found that one of the gauges from my 71
Stag was so poorly made that just setting it down on the bench would alter
it's calibration!  The internal adjustment arms are only held from moving by
friction against a cardboard piece, and this one was loose enough that the
slightest vibration could move it.

It also appears that many vendors are selling new senders that do not match
the original ones.  There were something like 6 different numbers
originally, that apparently varied only by specific resistance at a certain
temperature; and they have all been superseded to the same number.

Randall