[TR] ID fuel pump '70 TR6

thenicholls at verizon.net thenicholls at verizon.net
Mon Jan 19 16:00:45 MST 2009

Bob,

I know someone on the list will correct me, but I just pulled off my
fuel pump for a rebuild.
1.)  TRF is selling a fuel pump made in Italy with the priming pump.  It
is probably one of those.
2.)  The AC Type U Made in England is an original.  That was what mine
said on my 72 TR6.  Yes it should work after a rebuild, TRF had a sale
last week and is doing mine for $90, normally $99.99.

Hope this helps.

Craig H. Nicholls
1972 Triumph TR6
Vienna, VA

On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at  7:51 PM, Bob wrote:

> Hello List,
Two questions please?
1.)Fuel pump in the car has a Logo on the side, not sure what it says.
B B B  Under the Logo it says "Made in Italy"B  car runs well, pump works
fine.
2.)I have a spare unknown fuel pump.....
B B B  Looking down from top it says AC Type U Made in England.
B B B  Both pumps are exectly the same with priming lever.
Should the the Type U work? (needs rebuild)
Is either one of these original?
Thank you.
Bob

Database version: 5.11570