[TR] TR3 Dash Covering Kit

Bill Beecher bill_beecher at flash.net
Fri Jan 16 14:21:19 MST 2009

I got my vinyl dash kit from TRF last week and got around this week to
putting it on.

First of all, the width of the vinyl was less than 8.5" in some place around
the glove box area and this made for a VERY tight fit pulling over 1/8"-1/4"
to wrap around as recommended.  But my real problem came several hours after
I finished when I notice that the vinyl was splitting in the corners of the
gauge cluster opening.  Two of the splits should be covered by the faceplate
but one will not, I will probably try to section a small sliver of scrap
material into the split to hide as best as I can.

Before I try this again, are there any suggestion that the list can provide
for a smoother application?

Bill B
'58 TR-3A TS/30766 L
'59 TR-3A TS/64974 LO